Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Electrabel Night, La Grand-Place

A project of the City of Brussels and Electrabel (a Belgian based energy corporation), the Electrabel Night - a magnificent sound and light show in the city hall of the La Grand-Place.
IMG_0135
At night, visitors are free to visit the Christmas Market full of wonderful hand made arts and crafts and Christmas decorations. And not forgetting a couple of glasses of mulled wine to keep you warm (I have not tried that yet though).
IMG_0138
During the show, part of the pre-christmas celebration, the walls of the buildings are served somewhat the canvas. It was amazing - during the night, the place just glowed and it was magical.
IMG_0133
Combinations of different colours.
IMG_0153
It gave a cheerful atmosphere despite slight rain (It was bad weather over the weekends in Brussels). Visitors were admiring the show of music and lights.
IMG_0162
Earlier mentioned, the tower was not in the middle - the right wing is somewhat shorter.
IMG_0187
I was amazed and I couldn't help to wonder if I have stumbled into the twillight zone.
IMG_0191
La Grand-Place, I was there in the afternoon, the first day I visited Brussels. I was there the night for the Electrabel light show. And I was there again the next day for ... hmmm ... Belgian chocolates.

1 comment:

zbjernak said...

wow...
the lights are beautiful